Pages

9/05/2010

I needed a haircut...

One of my dear friends, a member of the Friday Club - Billie, is gifted with fine straight hair...  She never had problems with fly away, split ends, dry ends, frizz, or shall i say, she never had a "bad hair day"...  Don't we all wish for that??? 

Anyway, she used to have simple haircuts, not too daring, not too stylish, just simple layers, and it has always been the same.  But last week, I noticed that her haircut seemed different.  The cut looked precise, in-detail, and i love the way the strands moved in harmony with her head as she twist and turn...  I know that she spends a fortune on her hair too, trying out different stylists in Manila, but when I saw her last week, I knew then that she had it done by a real professional stylist...


I know, you may think that her hair is like, blahhhh.... So what's the fuss???  It's just a simple haircut, for crying out loud!!!

But the truth is, that is what I want...  Her layers complimented her face, her bangs hid a little of her forehead, and the ends of the hair draped flawlessly on her shoulders...  Perfect!

She had it done at Essensuals Toni and Guy in Trinoma. 

I immediately booked myself for a haircut with Benj.  He was the one who styled Billie... His rate is P750.00, or maybe around $17.00.

When he saw me, he said, Hi Jin, I am Benj...  How personalized, lovin' it...  And then, he asked if I had a digiperm, when and where, and he politely complimented the work.  That's work ethics!!!  So I told him, I need a haircut, but I want to retain the length and the curls.... (Quite challenging for him coz' the curls are at the bottom part and are almost gone, and I know that if he cuts the ends, might be a big mistake!)

So he said, ok, let's do it, I have to get you shampooed, dried, and straightened, and I'll do dry cutting so I can see the real structure of your hair...  Fabulous!!! (said to myself)

The shampooing itself is heavenly... 

Then the cutting began...  I noticed that he cuts differently...  I love the way he uses his talent in cutting layers and layers of hair patiently.  I mean, some stylists use thinning scissors, which I think is a big cheat, and is not at all precise...

This is my BEFORE picture...


Now, the result...  I don't know if you noticed the difference, but I did...  My head feels lighter, and it's easier to pull up and make a bun, coz' it's a lot thinner.  My dry ends disappeared, but my curls are still there.  I didn't put on hair products, and I just let my hair dry naturally so as to give you exact results...  Plus, I didn't put make up on for a more natural look, and besides, it's Sunday, it's my Stay Home-No Make-Up day...


I actually love it!  Benj said that the curls would be so much prettier if I have some highlights.  He is suggesting Dark Ash Brown for highlights, and then, Glossing, and treatment.  All procedure could be done in 3 hours, but he promises a very beautiful outcome...  Something like this.... I'm talking about the color...


So he gave me a quotation...  He said I can think about it, and just come back any time whenever I feel like having it done...  So here it is...


I actually don't know why every procedure costs that much...  It's roughly around $385.00.   I am curious...  I am tempted, but I am not crazy...  What do you think?  Shall I go for it???

No comments: