Pages

9/10/2011

Meeting and Dining

Yesterday I had 3 different meetings, 2 of those in the Southern part of Luzon, and 1 in Greenhills. For those who are not too familiar with the Philippines, Luzon is the biggest island among the 3 largest islands in the country. Anyways, to make it clearer, I work and live somewhere in the North, so that means, I have to allot 3 hours travel time which includes traffic and meals...

My appointment was at 2pm yesterday, so I left around 11am. Traffic is expected. But when we reached the main expressway, (SLEX), few cars were seen on the road. Probably because it wasn't on a rush hour. I was with 2 of my business partners, my DS and her hubby, my BIL.

For lunch, I suggested we try Union Jack Tavern, located at The Festival Mall in Alabang. Since they also don't frequent the area much, we all decided to try it...



I decided to have this:

Hungarian Sausage with Mashed Potatoes with caramelized onions and buttered vegetables

Nothing spectacular, actually... My DS and I split the dish since we both didn't want to eat too much at that time (really?). I initially thought of getting Fish and Chips, because that was supposed to be the main idea, but I wasn't in the mood to eat deep fried, heavily battered fish... So I opt for grilled sausages...

We headed off to 2 of our meetings thereafter...

Around 6pm, we were on our way back from Laguna, we stopped at BGC - The Fort to kill some time before heading off to our 3rd and final meeting...

We had dinner at Malcolm's...


This time, me and my DS were both hungry... And we wanted to taste all!!!
So we ordered two different bestsellers and split both...

The first one to arrive is the Classic Cheeseburger. Php400, roughly US$9.00

Sorry, but this was what's left when I remember to take a photo... Gawd, this is awfully good!!! The best cheeseburger I've ever tasted so far in my entire life... My DS and I both regretted splitting the dish... Because the Steak and Cheese is a disappointment. It's tasteless and dry. Php 395.00 (US$9.00)


My BIL ordered Fish and Chips (I know, right?!) and Shrimp Popcorn... The worst.... Those doesn't even deserved to be in photo... Those should be taken out of their menu list otherwise, they'll surely bring Malcolm's down...

Off to our next and final meeting, 9pm, at UCC.

Craved for something sweet and cold...


Plain Mocca Ice cream with extra whipped cream and chocolate drizzle. P250.00 ($5.50)

Finally, at 11pm, arrived home safely...





Photo Credits: http://www.jenniepperson.com/food/perfect-pancakes/ via Google Images

No comments: