Pages

10/09/2006

Vamos A Comer!

I've learned this new Mexican Restaurant from The Bag Hag. She blogged it I think a couple of times before, and I promised myself to visit this place and eat everything they serve! Haha, that's what happens when I go on a diet... I reward myself on the last day of the week and eat everything I've been craving for... I guess that way, I don't deprive myself too much... Anyway, working out takes up a whole bunch of calories too... So I really don't care... As long as I feel a lot happier and healthier (defensive?!)...

So I went to this place, it's called Y Tu Mama Tambien Cantina.



They do serve authentic Mexican Dishes.... Jeez, The Bag Hag is right, reminded me of Chevy's... But I still miss Chevy's free tortilla chips with salsa dip. Those are to die for!!! Grrrrrrooowwwlllll.... Ooops, excuse me, that was my tummy....


For appetizers, we had the sampler:

Chicken and Chorizo Flautas, Taquitos,
Cheese and Garlic Quesadillas, and Beef Nachos


I had Beef Tacos (pictured at the top left part), next to it is my Pao's Grilled Seabass with Mexican Rice, then, right in the center is Ms Ms's NY Strip Fajitas. I noticed that all entrees come with Mexican Rice and salsa... No matter how many carbs you're having, you still have to have the refried beans and the rice.... So it was like, a Carbo Fiesta!!!


PG and PJ both had Enchiladas... One has chicken filling and the other one has chorizos... They were both good... See??? The rice again and the refried beans... Always present....



Pictured below is the Mexican Pizza.... We asked the chef to omit the refried beans on this one... We've had too much and we know that it's not good for the environment... Teehee... This one is a must try... The crust was made of crispy tortilla and it was really, really good... And I suggest you try it on with the refried beans if you hadn't had too much... But without beans worked for us though...



Of course Mexican Food is better accompanied with a Mexican drink.... So we had frozen Margaritas... Ohhh what a night.... Wish it never had to end...


Vamos A Comer!!! Salud!!!



6 comments:

Steven said...

I'm gonna be honest with you...being that I absolutely hate mexican food...this seems like a pretty piss poor "reward." ;)

Flashy_Shades said...

i love it when people take food pictures, is that weird?

abovo99 said...

I love, love, love margarita.

McDreamer said...

steven novak said:
I'm gonna be honest with you...being that I absolutely hate mexican food...this seems like a pretty piss poor "reward." ;)


oh well... i know not all people dig those...

McDreamer said...

flashy shades said...

i love it when people take food pictures, is that weird?

oh, i don't think it's weird... i think it's one way of rating a restaurant or recommending it... could be helpful, eh??

McDreamer said...

the body talk said...

I love, love, love margarita.


You can say that again...