For smokey eye makeup what feature color eye shadow best suits dark brown eyes? First, arrange all the eyeshadows you're going to use.
1. It's best to use dark brown and black. Do not use creamy texture eyeshadows as they are difficult to smudge and blend. Use POWDERY SHADOWS.
2. For your secondary shade, you need to contrast the dark colors with either: champagne, taupe, nude, or a sand color. I prefer nude so as to match the common Filipina women's skin tone.
3. Choose your eyeliner pencil. It should be a soft eyeliner of the same color of your dark eyeshadow, in this case, Black. If possible choose a Powderliner or a Charcoal eyeliner pencil. They are easier to blend and are sometimes available with a sponge tip for easy blending. Never use liquid eyeliner. Liquid eyeliners are better for sharper lines, not a soft and sultry finish.
4. Now you're ready to start... Note that it is normal to apply full foundation before applying your eye make up. In this case, I recommend you to put thin foundation around the eyes only, and then apply loose powder to set the foundation. This will give you a clean canvas for your eye shadow and will also help to prevent the eye shadow from creasing. This will also give you more even, accurate, eye shadow application. That way, if you get some of your eye shadow on the rest of your face you won’t ruin your foundation. This also helps avoid a raccoon eye look under your eye.
5. Apply the light color (nude) from the corner of the eye up to the crease. For Asian especially Filipina women, it is hard to apply up to the brow bone since many of us have very small eyes. I suggest you apply up to the crease only, and then, apply just right below the brow bone, so as to highlight the brows.
6. Apply the brown eyeshadow on top of the nude color and blend.
7. Add black eyeshadow at the outer corner of the eye going towards the center of the eye. Blend.
8. Apply black eyeliner at the rims, at the upper lid, from the inner corner to the outer corner, if possible, apply as near as possible to the water lines or eyelash lines. Make sure to complete the line from the inner to the outer corner. Smudge it with cotton swabs for a more subtle look.
9. Apply the same black eyeliner below the eyes, from the center of the eye going outwards. The more you reach the outer eye, the more you darken the application. This way, Asian eyes become bigger and wider.
10. Apply black mascara at both rims of your eyes, make it double to emphasize the smokey effect.
And voila! You now have a smokey eye look, just in time for partying "cooler" nights here in Manila...
The elder one is Tamara, born in Milan in 1984.
The second is Petra, born in 1988, who recently had a lavish wedding ceremony with James Stunt at the 15th Century Odescalchi Castle in Italy.
They both have everything a woman could ever dream of... (Sigh...)
Photo Credits: Birkin Watcher
I swear, you will not be disappointed, this Lip Duo is worth buying...
Why prolong the agony when you don't enjoy what you're doing... True, isn't it???
Last week she sent me 3 DVDs. I want to try them one at a time... This way, it helps me not to get sick and tired of the same old dull routine... I can switch to different types of exercises every day...
Currently, this is my favorite: It's actually on sale at Amazon.com!!!
I read it's literature and found it very safe and affordable. Plus, it's something I thought I might need since I am already enjoying my exercise routine, why not optimize my workout?
BODIVANCE (Made in the US) is a breakthrough in sports technology. It is an advanced thermogenic (i.e., body heat producer) accelerator cream that when applied, creates a breathable barrier on the skin that works in two ways.
Firstly, it helps to insulate heat that builds up as muscles are activated. This warms up the muscles rapidly and ensures that workouts are maximized each time. A natural effect of this is the increase in perspiration which hastens the release of toxins through the pores of one’s body.
I bought 1 80ml bottle at Planet Sports in Shangri-la Mall, for P800.00. I just started using it yesterday, I noticed that it has fragrance. As a workout cream, it is said that I shouldn't rub it on skin, but rather apply thin portions to desired areas. I did as instructed, and loved that I sweat more buckets during a 30 minute work out...
Bodivance can also be used as a massage cream, and also in steam or sauna if you don't exercise.
After 1 week of my Low-Carb Diet:
I knew it, I could get an early glimpse of Marc by Marc Jacobs at the Spring 2012 Show... Thanks to FabSugar!!!
Trend: Colorblocking, 60s, 80s, sporty, pop art, anoraks.
Colors: Lime green, neon orange, hot pink, navy, red.
Key Look: The sweatshirts, a navy jumpsuit, wedge-high-tops
Accessories: wedge high-tops, colorblocked mary janes in patent leather.
Since it's a bit windy (with extreme sunshine) here in Manila these days, my lip tends to crack easily with lipgloss. So this is what I use to prevent it from being "un-kissable"...
I'ts highly organic, NO Parabens, Phalates and is SLS-free so it doesn't contain harmful ingredients that make our lips even drier. I love that its made of natural botanical flower waxes, and has lots of wearable and versatile shades... Well, for me it's Honeysuckle for a nude undertone to match my smokey eye effect and Hibiscus to match my classic eye make up look...
How about you? Do you have "kissable lips"? Try this, (just click it) and you'll see what I mean...
But surprisingly, Manila peeps now opt to wearing knee high boots, faux fur coats, blazers, and trench coats... All for fashion... Isn't it wonderful?
Now that Fall is approaching - (in other countries) people here also follow the fashion trend. I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing lots of blacks and grays, laces, polka dots, plaids, capes, ponchos, etc... Just what the Fall 2011 trend has reported...
I survived the first day and I'm still excited having done that! I feel so accomplished!
On my second day, the food that I shall eat will be my "Everyday Food" for the next 3 months... It's not that hard actually, and is filling...
Brunch: 1 pc. spiced ham / 1 scrambled egg / 1 cup coffee
(It was a Sunday so I woke up at 10am)
Dinner at 6: 1 pc. grilled porkchop / grilled carrots, broccoli, and chayote
Dessert: Half a cup of Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino, no whip, (shared with Fonzie) - committed a little sin here
It is just surprising that I managed to eat and didn't even touch this:
I again felt successful, and yet, not deprived... So happy!!! And guess what I bought in the mall yesterday??? 2 sets of exercise outfits and 1 Bump and Burn VCD... I'll tell all about the CD after I've tried it...
Oh, and who wouldn't be happy with this?
I know right?!? 8 whopping pounds in 2 days? Well, I believe most of the pounds I lost was just water... But what the heck, I still lost something eh?
Yes, I am challenging myself to live a healthier life. For years, I've been struggling on yo-yo diets, spending much on diet pills, reading self-help books, cooking non-fat dishes, followed trendy and fad diets such as Atkin's, South Beach, Fat Smash, Sonoma, Cohen, name it... I've read all about 'em...
But what I know for a fact is this... Me and only me, can help myself...
And this is what I've learned today...
"If your self-talk is saying “I can’t lose weight”, then don’t be surprised that you don’t. If on the other hand your self-talk says “I’m going to achieve success with my weight loss program”, then you will."I Think, I should live longer... It's about time I think about my family. I can't be sick.
- The Slim Habit Blog
I Will, start by accepting who I am... This is who I am...
Yes, a 205 lb woman, with a 45 inch / 115.4 cm waist line...
I Hope, my readers support me and encourage me to continue with my program... To my haters, please stay away from my blog. I don't need you. But if you decide to keep me company throughout this journey, you're welcome. Just don't discourage me, if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything.
I Can - will be the 2 most important words starting today...
Guys, everything I do or eat is my choice. My program. I am not following any so-called diets this time.
My First Day: Semi-Cleansing Day
1 cup Coffee
Cranberry Juice (unlimited)
I want a clean start. I am doing this to motivate myself. Tomorrow will be another day, but I am looking forward to it...
My appointment was at 2pm yesterday, so I left around 11am. Traffic is expected. But when we reached the main expressway, (SLEX), few cars were seen on the road. Probably because it wasn't on a rush hour. I was with 2 of my business partners, my DS and her hubby, my BIL.
For lunch, I suggested we try Union Jack Tavern, located at The Festival Mall in Alabang. Since they also don't frequent the area much, we all decided to try it...
Nothing spectacular, actually... My DS and I split the dish since we both didn't want to eat too much at that time (really?). I initially thought of getting Fish and Chips, because that was supposed to be the main idea, but I wasn't in the mood to eat deep fried, heavily battered fish... So I opt for grilled sausages...
We headed off to 2 of our meetings thereafter...
Around 6pm, we were on our way back from Laguna, we stopped at BGC - The Fort to kill some time before heading off to our 3rd and final meeting...
We had dinner at Malcolm's...
So we ordered two different bestsellers and split both...
Craved for something sweet and cold...
Finally, at 11pm, arrived home safely...
Photo Credits: http://www.jenniepperson.com/food/perfect-pancakes/ via Google Images
It just felt so good, that when I arrived at the office, a small parcel is waiting for me
at the top of my table...
So invigorating!!! Makes me feel so excited to work!!! (yeah right, says my boss)
Of course, I opened my package only after I did my first batch of workload...
I tried the Chanel curl lash first...
Then, the next thing I tried is the Tarte Cheek Stain in Blushing Bride.
Then I applied Tarte Enchanted - Natural Lip Stain Pencil with LipSurgence.
And then she also sent me a tube of Smashbox O-Plump.
I'm beginning to miss my O-Plump because I already threw the last tube...
But now, not anymore!!! Thank you BSM for all the stuff you sent me... I'm so happy!!!
1. Wallet 2. Card holder 3. Cig. case 4. Bag holder 5. Sterilium, Alcohol, Baby Cologne, BBW Hand Sanitizer, Eyedrops, Lavander White Flower, Kiehl's Lotion, Breath Spray 6. Calculator 7. Nokia for Sun 8. Blackberry phone for Sun 9. Rosary, Lucky Angel, Lucky Envelope, 10. Shopping Hangover Medicine pouch 11. Hello Kitty Coin purse 12. Breath mints 13. Pressed powder 14. Kleenex wipes 16. Union Jack ballpen 18. Brush 19. Body Shop Lip gloss, Mac Lip Glass, Skin Food Lip Stain, Burt's Bees Lip Stain 20. iPod Nano 21. Small notepad 22. My BB Globe phone (used to take photo)
A closer look:
So anyhoo, since I had to change my bag yesterday, I had to cut down on my everyday list... Here's what I brought: Reason: Bag spell H-E-A-V-Y.
Ahhhh, I needed that Kleenex wipes that I left home when Cassie removed her
face art make up!!!
Sigh, it really sucks when you know you have it, and then suddenly you realized,
you didn't bring it... That's the reason why I really need to bring all that stuff...
"It's the company, not the cooking, that makes a meal."
- Kirby Larson, Hatti Big Sky, 2006