Since I do not own great set of eyes, smokey isn't really my thing. I don't think it matches my oriental features... But, what the heck, I want to try it!!!
I did my semi-smokey eyeshadow by not applying too much dark shades. I replaced black powder shadow with a black glittery pencil so I can easily blend it. Here's how:
(Note: I am not a professional so it is just okay to make fun of my make up, plus, I'm not pretty either so fine, you can laugh)
1. First, using my Too-Faced eye palette, which I blogged a few months ago, (click here to read the blog) I chose Silk Teddy to be my base color eyeshadow. This helps balance the light and dark colors of my eyeshadow by blending the colors.
2. Then I put on dark brown eyeshadow, also from the same palette, Sexpresso, applied from the outer corner of the eye, blending it towards the center.
3. Blended everything
4. Then I applied a thick eyeliner on the upper and lower lids, just right beside the lash lines. I used the Black Glitter eyeliner (H & M). Then blend all colors together, using my ring finger (how rookie?)
5. Topped it off with 2 coats of black Maybelline Mascara
6. Finished it off with Mac Amplified Cosmo A21 lipstick
7. Topped with Mac Lip Glass in Elle (only at the bottom lip) for a shiny gloss.
8. Outcome - it looks a little pale in picture but irl, I really think it's too dark. At times when I look at myself in the mirror, I see raccoon eyes...