Pages

7/23/2006

Body Massage or Foot Massage?

Whenever I feel tired, stressed out, or just pissed off, I pamper myself by having a foot massage... Not the whole body massage, dear bloggers... Just heavens my for my feet... I don't know why, but I don't enjoy the feeling of pressing my back, my tummy, my thighs... But I like the head and shoulder massage though... The good thing is, many establishments here include a little back, head, and shoulders to their "foot" services... Or I could just ask the attendant to add my head and shoulders for an extra fee...
It doesn't matter whether it's called foot reflex, foot spa, foot massage, foot therapy, or whatever.... I just want my foot to be touched by human hands!!! I tried the wooden thing, it just didn't work the way i expected, so i tried the machine type, also didn't like the idea of me doing the works... so, as a conclusion, nothing beats the human touch!!! It's the sense of touch that gives me the fulfillment! Teehee, Am I Redundant??!!
I have tried several spas here in Manila... All were, well... "just ok"... I tried the one who claimed to have "the best foot reflexology in the world", it has several branches I believe... But for me, the experience was horrible... It came to a point when I just wanted to kick the person in front of me!!! Her hands were so light, eventhough I told her to make it harder, I realized that she just, well, "wasn't in the mood!!!" Or maybe, that was her maximum energy level already, and in that case, she isn't right for her job!!! And the worst part is, the movement... all she did was press my toes!!! Don't you hate the icky feeling of oil in between your toes and nails and touched by bare hands??? Some good spas use towels to touch the toes to make it more comfortable and less greasy... I don't know, maybe i'm just weird... But that part, (just the toes) I don't want to be touched with bare hands...
I also tried the Xiamen style, but I ended up feeling hurt and bruised, not pampered!!! So i didn't come back...
The one in Subic Yacht Club before, Larossa, (not there anymore), offered a different one... They had this synchronized head and foot massage... One lady touched my upper part, and the other one, lower part... It was kinda good at first, but the whole thing was just weird... I felt that I didn't know what to enjoy, the head or the feet??? Get my point?
Larossa now is being replaced by a new management, and changed its name too... Sorry, forgot the name... But I tried their Scalp and Foot Massage. Ooooh, it was grreeatttt!!!! It was originally in synchronized form, but I insisted on her doing it alone!!! And the price, a lot reasonable... I left the place feeling revved up and re-energized... That's what I wanted... So far, for me, it was the best...
Here in Manila, I like Body Worx and City Lifestyle... No advertisements here... I don't even know who owns them... They're cheap, and fulfilling... I like the rooms, the services, the attendants, the movements... At City Lifestyle, the only thing I didn't like is the TV... They installed television sets on every cubicle. Though there are several signs to keep the volumes down, some people don't really care!!! And the worse thing is, I visit these spas during Sunday afternoons, so all i hear on their TV sets are the voices of the Sunday Showbiz Talk Show Hosts!!! You may know very well who I'm talking about!!! Oh well...
So that's it... Today, it's Sunday... I'm planning to rev up myself... Ooops, almost forgot, too bad, i've already committed myself to be with my "Recreational Shopper" Sister and my ever loving Mother who will buy me (I wish!!!) new home decors, oh, mom, please??
How about you guys, would you go for a body, or a foot massage??? And can you recommend good ones???
Later!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! we always remember that everytime we talk about it, MG with all his facial expressions, he will open his EYES soooo big like yours....

McDreamer said...

teehee... BS, we'll take you there!!! hahaha!!!

My World said...

the spa is a terrible place to get a massage! try neo or footloose at the fort

My World said...

do you mind if i add you to my site?

McDreamer said...

hi fat & thin girl! i don't mind really... of course you can... thanks for asking me though... i've been trying to enter your site, but access is not granted, i guess it's not for public sharing. How can i visit your site?

Anonymous said...

yes, i agree, foot massage is the best. im not comfortable with whole body massage outside home. and a foot massage relaxes the mind body and toottoot(high pitch)