Pages

7/27/2006

Permed Lashes or Lash Extensions?

Don't you just wish YOU look naturally beautiful every time you wake up in the morning??? Hmmmm..., play up with your eyes!!!
Noticed my lashes??? Longer in the middle and shorter on the sides... Mwahahaha.... It is because I had them extended last May. I remember it was on a Mother's Day, forgot the exact date, and was refilled on June 18, Father's Day! Actually that is my technique in remembering things... I always do important (yes it is for me!) things on easy to remember dates... Anyway, presently, one by one, the lashes are falling off. Giving me enough time to relax my strained eyelids before I undergo another extension. I am planning to have it done on the 2nd week of August.
The Experience and The Result:
PERMED LASHES
I had my lashes permed last year... It was painless. The effect (curled) lasted up to a month or so... The procedure took about an hour. It was pretty cheap, it was only around 350 Pesos for both eyes... In this procedure, we can still apply mascara, but no-no to lash curler... It was ok during the first week. The only problem I encountered here is, after maybe around 2 weeks, the lashes went to different directions... I don't know why, some are gearing towards the right, some left, they're everywhere!!! I used an eyelash comb to get them straight, but still, they were stubborn... So I had no choice but to let them be! I just waited for them to become normal straight lashes again...
I guess permed lashes didn't solve my problem... (for me only) I have very, very thin lash strands and even though they are curled, you still can't see them because they are ultra fine... Plus, when I want to have real curled lashes, I'd just grab my hair blower, heat up my Shu Uemura Lash Curler and voila!!! Cu-cu-cu-curly!!!!
But for those who were gifted with dark, thick-stranded lashes, (hmmph!!! sour-graping here) I think this procedure is enough... Especially when you don't wear make up... It will naturally lighten up your eyes...
But for my eyes, really a no-no... So I never went back...
LASH EXTENSIONS
The process took about an hour and a half for both eyes... Also painless... I had the upper lashes done only because I wanted a natural look. Plus, I asked for very, very thin strands because I didn't want it to look like "falsies", or a walking doll's eyes! I was really happy with the result, it looked natural and made my eyes look rounder. I have drooping eyes that is why I badly need this procedure. I was told by the professional lash extentionist that I shouldn't wash my face or wet my eyes for a minimum of four hours. I noticed that when I left the clinic, my eyes were strained and my 20/20 vision somehow was changed a little bit... Hey, don't panic, it's just eye strain... It's a common thing if you've undergone the procedure...
The morning after was a little painful... My eyes were harder to open, muwahahahaha, imagine the thingies hanging on each lash!!! I guess when I was sleeping, due to the procedure I had been through, my tear ducts were awakened and activated, so I had lots of eye thing sticked on my lashes' adhesives!!! But it was not a problem taking them off, I just splashed them with water, and they were gone... My lids were a little swollen, which I admit, made my eyes look better.
The nice thing here is getting ready every morning made it a lot faster and easier for me... Imagine, no more eyeliners, curl lash, and mascara... This is excellent for ladies who doesn't wear make up at all... It will make their eyes glow and come to life...
But when you do wear make up, you'll be surprised to see the DRAMA... This is where the art of lash extension comes in... It enhances the color of the eyeshadow, not only does it give life to your eye, but they make them speak!!! Imagine me fluttering my eyes right now while typing this phrase!!! Teehee...
The downside is... well yeah... it is expensive... Ranges from 3T to 5t per session... Includes refills within three weeks only.

Photo credits: lashextensions.com
My beloved sister (bsm) who lives in Vegas is a professional Lash Extensionist. We, (My other Beloved sister-mss) talked her into it... She has now several clients, and I guess they are all satisfied with the results... And the word of mouth spreads faster than germs!!! Muwahahahaha!!!
How I wish she is just here in the Phils. for our refills and retouches... I myself am thinking about attending a training... Oh well, maybe in due time... And maybe when I'm finished with my current project... One at a time pleassseee...
Now my questions is, would you go for the Permed or the Extended???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

word of mouth spreads faster than germs, yiikkkessss!! wow, bsm is a professional lash extensionista!!

Anonymous said...

i like it bald, oh sorry..... eye lash? permed or extended? sorry, none of the above

Anonymous said...

The first time I had my lash extension, it was awful & very "fake" but the 2nd time, I can already recommend it to everyone. I love it!

Anonymous said...

yes, ms ms, it was really awful, i must admit. and yours too mcdreamer!!!!! hahahhahahah! but the second time is perfect, no joke!!

to bsm: congrats to you!!!! you are now a pro

Anonymous said...

i cant post a comment on the sex and the city stuff, its kinda complicated

anyways, im 40%miranda(darn!!), 40% carried , 10%samantha(darn darn!!!!) and 10% charlotte