Pages

9/01/2010

It's SeptemBER!!!


So much has been said about Filipinos...  I am 50% Filipino by blood and I am hurt about what others say...  A tragedy happened, and incidentally, 
a Filipino is involved.  But doesn't it happen to anybody in any other countries???  
Oh well...  I just have to accept that people shall always be 
judgmental (generally)...  
And I always believed that we ALL shall be judged - someday...

Gee, I can't believe we're approaching the last quarter of the year!!! 
Here in the Philippines, we call it the BER months...  
Meaning, Christmas is just around the corner...  
We start to hear Christmas songs as early as September 1, would you believe???  
And, of course, the countdown to Christmas Day on some 
TV and Radio stations starts today...  
This just reminds us that Filipinos love festivities so much.  
Many still believe that Christmas is the time to be 
Christ-like, generous, kind, giving, loving, caring...  
Generally, Filipinos are Christ-like...  
But just like any other human, we err, we fail... 

I hope this thing about condemning Filipinos stops...  

On a lighter note... 

Since we've just entered the Ber month, 
I can't stop myself thinking of Christmas...

Now, I'm thinking of ways to wrap my Christmas presents...  
I always consider the presents as "decor" to my house.  
I don't usually hang too much ornaments or  table top displays 
in the house since I have a very small space.  
I only have a humongous tree which I decorate  differently every year, 
and I want the gifts to look lovely beside it.  
The beautifully wrapped presents completes 
the Christmas ambiance...

I'm still in the midst of deciding what to be my theme for this year...  
I like the idea of a plain white wrapper 
with gold and silver trimmings...  

Just like this...


 or silver wrapper with Christmas acorn and plastic leaves,


or maybe a craft paper with plastic fruits and berries and leaves like these


 well, yeah it could be a little boring or UN-festive, 
why don't I try wrapping it with Christmas candies???  
I'd probably do this but I wouldn't take off the plastic wrap 
for it will attract an army of ants!!!



 Or maybe a plain red wrapper with layers of 
white and red ribbons ala Martha Stewart!!!


Printed Christmas wrappers look best when wrapped with ribbons...  
If I'm going for polka dots, I'll do it this way...  
Two different sized ribbons to accentuate 
and contrast the monotones!!!

How about you???  Have you made your Christmas list yet???

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hi jin, nice blog & good post. overall You have beautifully maintained it, you must submit your site for free in this website which really helps to increase more traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!