Because almost everybody is on Facebook, almost everybody has a camera... And since everyone has a camera, everyone needs to have a copy of a group picture taken, and it takes forever to get all pictures done. I feel awkward at times when our group asks a waiter to take our picture and hand him around 6 to 8 cameras!!! It's a little distracting especially to other people who are on the same venue... And a lot of times, the waiter needs to rush off, but he couldn't get everyone's attention, so he feels a little pissed, waiting for us to settle down, before he clicks the shutter! One more thing, sometimes, if the camera is way too professional, the owner has to instruct the waiter on how to click the shutter, and how to focus, how to zoom and how to put us in the middle of a square, etc... haha, it is endless...
But that's how it is... There's no way we can change it... We are happy with that, and when we see the pictures on Facebook, it brings back good memories, laughter, and more things to talk about... That is why it is always good to look slimmer on photos...
Since I am (totally) not slim, I have somehow mastered the art of hiding from the camera... Here are some useful tips.
1. If you're in a restaurant, don't sit right in front of the photographer. Choose a location where you can stand behind who's sitting.
2. Turn partially sideways to the camera, planting one foot in front of the other. Point your toe to the camera and place your weight on your back foot.
3. Pull head forward slightly to minimize any appearance of a double chin.
4. Hold arms slightly away from your body. This keeps upper arm flab from flattening out.
5. Pull shoulders back, chest forward and gently suck stomach in. Be careful not to suck stomach so far in that your ribs show.
6. Use objects you are holding to your advantage by placing them in front of parts of you you'd prefer to hide. A purse or corsage in front of your belly. A jacket slung over the shoulder.
7. Wear Spanx. (Lovin' it)
8. Put on some bronzer. (makes your face look smaller)
9. It's not just black that makes you look thinner. Wearing an entire outfit of just one color will do the trick as well, whether it be white, beige, brown, blue or red. One color tends to elongate your figure.
And this one last tip, not just to make you look slimmer, but makes you look naturally beautiful, try the look away trick. Here's the way to do this, (1) project, (2) look away from the camera, then (3) turn towards it, breaking into a smile just before the camera clicks. Your smile will appear fresh, not frozen.
There you go... You'll always look fresh and fabulous on your photos from now on...